Last week our "big girl" took her first major step in education. Graduation from preschool to Kindergarten! When we were first told of the ceremony (and the fee for the cap and gown), I was like really... but as it turns out, the ceremony was great and as it also turns out, this is a big deal. Maybe it didn't hit me since she doesn't start "real" school until the fall, but this night really does start that transition into her next journey.
Sylvia was very excited for the graduation ceremony, likely due to the teachers really hamming it up the week prior. She wasn't too excited about the singing however. She thought that is was "ennoying" - I guess this is something we will work on in Kindergarten... it is annoying, not ennoying!
It was also a bittersweet night as Ms. Samantha and Ms. Marnie are both moving on to new jobs outside of Peace of Mind. They are both fantastic teachers and will be greatly missed!
The last special treat of the night was a certificate that Sylvia put together with her teachers. For those that can't read the fine print, the Q&A is below.
1. Who is your best friend? Jamie (as much as mom wants to take credit, there is a girl in Sylvia's class named Jamie. There is also a Adam and a Violet believe it our not!)
2. What was your favorite lunch? Macaroni and Cheese
3. What are you going to be when you grow up? Train Track Driver
4. Will you get married? Have kids? No I will not
5. How much money will you have in your bank when you are 20? 1000
6. What was your favorite thing about being in PRE-K? That you learn new things
Finally, for those with 3 minutes to spare... the sounds of the 2013 Peace of Mind Pre-K Class!